Monday, April 7, 2014

Antique Waterfall Cedar Chest

I found this cedar chest in a cramped little thrift store.  I'm so glad it went unnoticed!  I wish I knew who it first belonged to and how many people stored their treasures in it over the decades. 

You already know I'm not a huge fan of waterfall furniture, but this had a great scalloped base and a beautiful top (and the inside is perfect) so it went in the back of the truck to come home and be loved again. :)



 Before



 After


I decided I wasn't going to take the wardrobe I recently finished to my furniture show, so I wanted to take something else that color (because I love it!).  This is Drizzle from SW mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with another turquoise I had on hand.  






 Such a pretty piece of wood on the top.  Stained in Java Gel from General Finishes.  Love the light and dark in the grain!





I can see this piece at the end of some little princess's bed!

Linked up here:

9 comments:

  1. Very, very nice, Lisa. The colors, including the wood, are very appealing, and the scallops are perfectly highlighted. You mention a furniture show. Where and when is that?
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie! It's on April 26th from 10-2 at 254 Miramar Dr, Allouez, WI :)

      Delete
  2. So pretty Lisa! I didn't even notice the scalloped details in the before photo. Paint works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. I'm a princess (mayhap not a little one).... And it just so happens I need something for the foot of my bed.

    Ahem. =D

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you do ever piece so differently! The natural top is gorgeous and that blue just pops!! You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3